Captain’s Speech – The Captain’s Quiz 8: Summer Side Up
THE 10 QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- You are going camping at a campground for four days and three nights. Does this excite you, or fill you with dread? Explain.
I’m excited. I haven’t been camping in a long while. I would likely be going on a canoe/float trip as a reason for this camping venture.
- They say that, “Sally sells seashells by the seashore”. How much money do you think Sally makes on a Saturday in July, and do you think her business should be set up elsewhere?
I think she’s got it right. If Sally gets to the beach early enough, she can collect all the seashells. If anyone wants them, they’ll HAVE to buy from her; in which case, she can sell them for whatever price she chooses.
- The ideal temperature for sleep is approximately 18°C (65°F). What are five tips you have for staying cool while sleeping?
- Sleep with less/no clothing
- Light sheet/blanket
- Take a cold shower before bed
- Obviously, if you have A/C, adjust the temperature!
- In Season 4 of The O.C., Summer Roberts adopts a pet rabbit and names her Pancakes. What animal would you adopt and what breakfast food would you name it after?
I have two cats already, so I suppose I would adopt another cat. Name would depend on the color of the cat, the gender and, perhaps, the personality. A black and white cat would be Chocolate Chip Muffin or “C.C.” for short; a black cat… Burnt Bacon or “B.B.” for short. A white cat would be “Oatmilk;” an orange tabby would be Tangerine or “Tangie;” a calico would be “Hashbrown;” and a Siamese would be “Cappuccino.”
- SummerSlam is an annual professional wrestling event produced by the WWE. Thinking of yourself as a wrestler, provide the following information: your wrestling name, your character traits, your catchphrase, and the name of your most devastating maneuver.
I hate the WWE and what they call “wrestling,” so I would never be a part of it. For the purposes of this game, I would be the Truthteller. I would be the enemy of the WWE, getting in the ring to tell all the viewers how fake it is while the other wrestlers try to shut me up. “Don’t believe the lies!” would be the catchphrase and the drop-down spinning leg sweep would be my maneuver.
- What is a frozen dessert you enjoy eating outside? On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the messiest), how messy is it?.
I love ice cream, no matter where I am. It would be scored as a 1 because I would eat it in a bowl, so it wouldn’t be messy.
- You are standing in an above ground swimming pool and your sunglasses fall to the bottom. How do you retrieve them?
I would grab them with my toes; I don’t like getting my head underwater.
- “Walking on Sunshine” is an upbeat song by Katrina And The Waves. What songs would be on your summer playlist?
Right now I like “Sunroof” by Nicky Youre. It’s a fun one. I like pretty much anything by OneRepublic, Twenty-One Pilots, fun., and Green Day is my all-time favorite band.
- What are the pros and cons of patio dining?
I like being outside. There are things to contend with in regard to eating though, including wind, flies and other bugs. In Missouri, half the year would be too cold for outdoor eating.
- What is a summer job you have had and how long did you remain friends/in-touch with your co-workers after the job ended?
I worked a ballpark consession stand. My mother would help me out with it sometimes. I still remain in contact with her.
- You have entered the food truck business. Tell me about your new venture and your strategy to dominate the market.
I would make various, unique types of burgers. I don’t give away my ideas because it’s something I’ve actually been thinking about doing as a YouTube series.
- You are going on a summer road trip and can take one person with you. It can be absolutely anyone. Tell me about the trip.
I don’t like road trips in and of themselves. I prefer a destination with a purpose, but in one case, I would make an exception. I would take Nicole Kidman with me and wouldn’t care where we went. I would learn all about her life and we would become best friends and I would start writing songs for her husband and he would get me into the Nashville scene and I would become a famous songwriter.
- What are some of your favourite summer memories?
I used to love going on float trips, church camp, a vacation to Disney World once, went to my first gay pridefest a couple years ago.
This was posted in response to Midlife Cat Lady’s post.